Monday, August 25, 2008

Alack!

So here begins the new blog, my previous attempt thwarted by a missing password. Lots to tell. First of all, the summer is coming to a close and it's time to start cranking out the animation for reel (ah ha hah!). This is perhaps the roughest part of the process: getting out of the liminality between the formative creative and organizational period, and the real beginning of production. Now I just have to jazz myself to start doing stuff.
What have I done so far? My main goal for the summer was to relax and reboot, and I think I accomplished that. (yes!) In addition, I have been collecting different types of lint. Some is wildly colored. I have found other lint donors who have tons of dog hair. Also, I am recruiting people to donate human hair and Persian cat hair. So, armed with fresh creative energy and growing lint harvestings, I am ready to start the process.
I wanted to post this item from the Miyazaki's graphic novel series "Nausicaa." It reminds me of my spore world.
Photobucket
Also, here are some luridly colored shots of the polio virus.


Also, I have been working of designing a space in my house where I can shot. It doesn't look like much yet, but I'm planning to convert this old closest into light controlled room in which I can make the rhetoric magic.
Photobucket
As one might note in this photo, the ceiling of the closet is uncovered. Must amend this.
Photobucket
I plan to paint the walls a dark, non-reflective black and outfit a heavy black curtain over the opening. Plans! Plans! Plans! Over and oot!

No comments: