Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nifty!

So here is my second attempt at using gouache to paint the establishing BG (from the first scene). I switched the composition so it was a little more inviting and interesting. And I have to say, I'm rather please with thing over all... a nice feeling after being so disgusted by my first gouache (or should I say "gauche"?) attempt. I also found that all my work seems a little better after it has been scanned and fussed with in photoshop. Viva la computer!
first bg!!!! wazza!
I probably will go back and touch this up a bit before shooting it with a camera move... and I'm also considering animating the grassy parts with a little real grass. Must test!

2 comments:

hoser396 said...

Nice backgrounds, looking forward to more...

Sheila said...

Great texture. I also like the idea of using real grass!