Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Photogs

Well, lot's-o-updates. I finalized my set up so I could begin shooting fo' real.
multiplane
camera city
It looks good... real good. But now I have to get back into the animation groove. This weekend I realized (rather painfully) that my timing skills need a quick tune-up. All that time doing artwork and getting stuff ready to shoot-- and now my shootin' arm has gone a bit flabby. Pay no mind, I'll be back in top gear lickitysplit. In the meantime, feast your eyes on this very shoddy animation done on my my old camcorder. WAY TOO FAST (especially on the second one). I'll have new, slightly less terrible animation that I did this weekend on the new camera up soon.


new animation 1 (11408) from Caitlin Craggs on Vimeo.


newanimation2(11408) from Caitlin Craggs on Vimeo.

Oh yes, and also of note (and illustrated in the following sequence of photos) I figured out a way to switch out the puppet hands. Where once an arthritic-looking hand was stitched to the puppet, I simply glued a cut-off needle. I can now easily slip new hands on and off the puppet.

needle hand switch out

2 comments:

:Debbie said...

OMG. The animation is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Out of practice. Pffftttt. The quirkiness is charming, and it works well with your visual design.
i'm so excited about this!

-Deborah

Daniela said...

This looks great. You should patent your needle idea - it's genius!